Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Toothaches of Regress

A quick follow-up to the last update:

  1. The golf ball is out of my right knee.  I still can't kneel on the floor, though both knees feel a little more "slippery."  Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.
  2. The tooth that broke last week is no longer there.  Officially, it was tooth #30, my bottom-right first molar.  The doctor says it broke in half from top to bottom, and I believe him - I asked for and received the leftovers.  Ugly stuff.  (Don't engage your anti-Jackson-medical picture filters.  I'm not uploading this.  Too gruesome for prime time.)  I have to go back next week to get 5 stitches removed.
  3. Also, the new pain medicine is only at half dosage for one more day, and as a result I'm having to deal with the fact that the relief runs out at unpredictable times.  I'm sort of on a sine-wave pattern of going from relief to not much and back.  Same thing goes for my sleep patterns - I get tired for about 4 hours, then I'm restless for about 4 hours, off and on, all day and all night.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go off and get some liquid to take my medicines, including Augmentin now (the amoxicillin on its own was giving me the male equivalent of a yeast infection.).  Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment